Grant Application Guidelines
To apply for a grant from The Greehey Family Foundation, organizations need to meet the following criteria:
- Grants are primarily awarded to agencies with programs and services in Bexar County. The Foundation may consider requests from outside Bexar County as long as they meet the funding goals of supporting health and human welfare issues, children's causes, education, and the homeless.
- Organizations must be exempt under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Funding is to be used to directly meet specific needs within the community, so the Foundation does not typically support fundraising event sponsorships or teams. For an event/team sponsorship to be considered, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as this type of request falls outside of the grant application process. Please provide the event details, including the date, location, sponsorship levels, honoree (if applicable), etc. Allow 60 days for consideration.
- The Foundation typically awards an agency only one grant per year. Grant recipients must re-apply each year.
- While the Foundation may consider a multi-year grant, the majority are for one year only.
- The Foundation does not require a Letter of Inquiry.
As part of the application process, the following items will need to be provided:
- The organization's purpose and history. (Provide a website if available.)
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status.
- The nature and extent of the problem you plan to address.
- How the proposed effort relates to the Foundation's program goals.
- The program objectives, number of unduplicated individuals to be positively impacted, expected outcomes, etc.
- Timeline of proposed activities.
- A breakdown of the project budget and the agency’s overall operations budget.
- A list of current funders with amounts.
- A list of the agency’s Board of Directors (if applicable).
- The amount requested from the Foundation.
- Percentage of the amount requested to both the program's total budget and the organization’s overall budget.
- If a recipient of funds from a previous year, then the agency is required to submit, at the time of application, a report showing that funds were used as requested and that outcomes were achieved (if applicable).
Please note that the Foundation’s decision does not reflect on the value of the project, but is rather our attempt to meet our funding criteria and to balance resources.
Grant Application Funding Schedule
The Funding Schedule is subject to change. All grant applications must be uploaded to our website no later than 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date indicated below.
Grant Application Deadlines (subject to change) Grants Considered/Awarded
Spring Funding Cycle: April 1 Spring Board Meeting
Fall Funding Cycle: September 30 Fall Board Meeting
Check out the Submitter Resource Center for help videos and articles or to reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions.